Published Journal Articles
• Kaufman KR, Schineller TM, Tobia A, Schneider JA, Bagayogo IP. Hypersexuality after self-inflicted nail gun penetrating traumatic brain injury and neurosurgery: case analysis with literature review. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 2015 Feb;27(1):65-8.
• Tsiperson V, Huang Y, Bagayogo I, Song Y, VonDran MW, DiCicco-Bloom E, Dreyfus CF. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor deficiency restricts proliferation of oligodendrocyte progenitors following cuprizone-induced demyelination. ASN Neuro. 2015 Jan 13;7(1). pii: 1759091414566878. doi: 10.1177/1759091414566878. Print 2015 Jan-Feb.
• Kaufman KR, Bagayogo IP, Kaufman IH, Das I. Zolpidem and anoxic encephalopathy-prolonged treatment response. Annals of Clinical Psychiatry. 2014 Feb; 26(1):70-2.
• Bagayogo IP, Dreyfus CF. Regulated release of BDNF by cortical oligodendrocytes is mediated through metabotropic glutamate receptors and the PLC pathway. ASN Neuro. 2009 Apr; 1(1): 1-12. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19570026.
• Shonukan O, Bagayogo I, McCrea P, Chao M, Hempstead B. Neurotrophin-induced melanoma cell migration is mediated through the actin-bundling protein fascin. Oncogene. 2003 Jun; 22(23): 3616-3623. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 12789270.
Published Book Chapters
• Bagayogo IP, Interian A, Escobar JI. (2013). Transcultural aspects of somatic symptoms in the context of depressive disorders. In R.D. Alarcon (Ed.), Cultural Psychiatry (pp. 64-74). Basel: Karger.
• Jean YY, Bagayogo IP, Dreyfus CF. (2009). Release of Trophic Factors and Immune Molecules from Astrocytes. In V. Parpura; P.G. Haydon (Ed.), Astrocytes in (Patho)Physiology of the Nervous System (pp. 351-381). New York City: Springer.
Press-Politico News New York
• Bringing Mental Health to Liberia: Mount Sinai Residents Mentor Nurses a World Away. Article by Dan Goldberg. Published 10/4/2017